How do I get a public profile on Snapchat? Everything you need to know and more can be found in the article below. Snapchat’s popularity as a social media platform has grown over time. Users of the app can send each other photos and videos that disappear once viewed. This feature allows friends to share information about their lives with one another.
How do I get a public profile on Snapchat? Simply Follow These steps- Navigate to your Profile Then Scroll all the way down to the ‘Public Profile’ section And, Select ‘Create Public Profile.’ To create your Public Profile, follow the on-screen instructions.
Snapchat expanded its public profile feature to everyone in late 2020 in an effort to attract aspiring creators. The feature allows users to expand their following on the platform and reach a larger audience. If you’re a creator who wants to start posting regularly on Snapchat, here’s how to make the switch in three simple steps. Aside from the process, we have explained what public Snapchat accounts are and the criteria for obtaining one. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
- You can create a public Snapchat profile, which allows other Snapchatters to find and subscribe to your account.
- To create a public profile, open the Snapchat menu by tapping the account icon, then select Create Public Profile.
- To create a public profile, you must be at least 18 years old, have one friend who follows you back, and have no violations of the community guidelines.
What is a Snapchat Public Profile?
A public profile on Snapchat, as the name implies, helps to broaden the reach of your account. A public profile allows you to include a photo, bio, description, location, Stories, and Lenses. Furthermore, other Snapchat users can follow your profile. Yes, in addition to your Snapchat friends, you will see a separate subscriber count on your profile.
A public profile also gives users access to “a unique set of profile features” to showcase their creativity and find many new fans for their content, according to the website company’s support page.
Previously, public profiles were only available to verified creators, but the company has since made the feature available to everyone. Snapchat still has a “Creator Account” type for established creators, with a few eligibility requirements, including at least 100 subscribers, a week-old account, and a friend.
Eligibility Criteria for a Snapchat ‘Public Profile’
Before you begin creating your Snapchat public profile, you must first fulfill the following requirements:
- The most basic and important requirement for creating a public profile is that you be 18 years of age or older.
- Should have used Snapchat for more than 24 hours
- You must have at least one bi-directional friend, which means you and your friend sent and accepted each other’s friend requests. You must have
- at least one Snapchat friend in order to create a public profile.
- You must also follow the company’s Community Guidelines, which are self-evident.
Furthermore, Snapchat has not yet launched public profiles in every country, so if you don’t see the option despite meeting the eligibility criteria, you may live in a region that doesn’t support the feature.
How do I get a public profile on Snapchat?
It only takes a few moments to create a public profile.
- Open Snapchat and select the Bitmoji icon in the upper-left corner of the screen. When your profile opens, tap the three-dot menu next to “Add to Spotlight” in the “Spotlight & Snap Map” section.
- Select “Create Public Profile” from the pop-up that appears and tap “Continue” on the onboarding screen.
- Tap “Get Started” and then “Create” from the confirmation banner. The banner emphasizes that your name will appear on all Snaps you post to Spotlight or Snap Map. Your Lenses will be visible on your public profile as well.
- You are now completely prepared. Your public profile can be found in the “Public Profiles” section. As shown in the screenshot below, opening the “My Public Profile” section reveals the Stories and Spotlight tabs.
How to edit a public profile on Snapchat
You can add or modify your Profile, set a location, and show or hide your subscriber account after you create a public profile. You can also save stories to your profile and do other things. Here’s how to do it:
- In the Snapchat app, tap the account icon in the upper left corner.
- Select My Public Profile from the Public Profile section.
- Tap the Settings icon (a gear) in the upper right corner.
- You can do the following on the Manage Public Profile page:
- Make changes to your profile. Change your profile picture, add or edit a bio, and set your location by tapping Edit Profile. Swipe the button to the right to make your subscriber count public.
- Stories can be saved to your profile. You can save Snaps to your public profile so that anyone can find them. Tap Save a Story to your Profile and choose which Snaps to make public.
- Please share your profile. Tap Share Profile, then Share Profile URL in the pop-up to copy the Snapcode to the clipboard. The code can then be reused in other apps or services.
- Get rid of your public profile. A public profile can be deactivated at any time. At the bottom of the screen, tap Delete Public Profile. This will have no effect on your regular Snapchat account.
Create and Manage Public Profiles on Snapchat for Businesses
Organizations and businesses can also make a public profile. By sharing helpful content, they can more easily connect with their customers and raise brand awareness. Both personal and professional public profiles share a number of characteristics.
For instance, public business profiles will continue to have a landing page where users can view published Snapchat Lenses and saved stories. Business owners can, however, also connect their Spotify shops to their personal narratives.
After that, subscribers can use the app to browse products and even make purchases. We’ll demonstrate to you how to set up a public profile account for your company.
1. Access the Ads Manager.
Log into the Snapchat Ads Manager website using your username and password.
2. Choosing “Public Profiles”
Then, choose “Public Profiles” from the list by clicking the menu button in the corner. Recall that only Organization Admins have the ability to create public profiles.
3. Integrate with a business account
You will be prompted by Snapchat to either sign up for a new account or link your existing business account.
Pick “Connect to Business” if you already have a business account.
4. Create a username and include profile details
For your Snapchat public profile, you can choose a user name.
Under “Profile Details,” you can also add a profile icon, bio, company address, and email.
5. Establish a Public Profile
Click “Create Public Profile” after entering your information.
Your Snapchat account is now open to everyone!
6. Save a Story, Add It
In order for your customers to view your content as soon as your profile is set to public, it’s also crucial to add saved stories or AR lenses.
This is directly possible through the Snapchat app.
Why Snapchat Accounts Are Not Eligible For A Public Profile
In general, any account should be able to make a Public profile. However, if the ‘Create Public Profile’ option does not appear on someone’s profile page, the account is most likely not currently eligible. The age of the account and/or the absence of an existing relationship with another Snapchat user are two common reasons for this. Before a Snapchat account can be changed to a public account, it must be at least 24 hours old. In terms of friends, Snapchat requires at least one bi-directional friend per account. In other words, the account must have friended another user, and that user must have returned the favor.
There are also some more general rules that may limit access to Snapchat’s Public Profile option. For example, the feature is currently unavailable in all countries and is only available to users over the age of 18. In addition, failing to follow the Community Guidelines may render an account ineligible for a Snapchat Public Profile. As long as someone follows these guidelines, making a Snapchat Public Profile is as simple as making any other profile on the app.
How to Remove Snapchat Public Profile
If you no longer want to keep your Snapchat public profile, you can choose to delete it. To do so, follow these steps:
- First, open your profile by tapping the Bitmoji icon in the upper left corner of the screen. Then click “My Public Profile” to proceed. Tap the Settings gear icon in the top-right corner to proceed.
- From your profile settings page, tap “Delete Public Profile” at the bottom of the screen and confirm by clicking “Delete” in the confirmation prompt. That’s the end of it. Your public account on this ephemeral messaging platform will be successfully deleted.
What are the advantages of having a “Snapchat public profile”?
On Snapchat, there are various types of public profiles, which are primarily used to distinguish between different tiers of creators. Most of these profiles require applications for approval, but creating a basic public profile is completely free and a new feature for all Snapchat users. Let’s take a look at its main characteristics.
- Exposure to new Snap Map and Public Stories content
- A subscription button for your audience
- Section highlighting
- Your name will appear on all publicly posted Snaps.
- Your Lenses will be made public as well (This includes your creations as well as favorites)
The distinction between ‘Going Public’ and a ‘Public Profile’
Going Public implies changing the privacy settings on your current Snapchat profile. This has been a feature for a while, and making your stories and snaps public allows your connections and groups to view them publicly. This also allows users who are not on your contact list to view your most recent stories and snaps if they have your username.
While this is a great way to connect with people, it puts you at the mercy of Snapchat’s algorithm, which can virtually suggest your profile to anyone in your Snapchat circle. Furthermore, going public will not help you reach a larger audience, but rather connect with your friends’ friends, and so on.
The ‘Public Profile,’ on the other hand, is one of Snapchat’s latest features. Aside from that, Snapchat has the ‘Snap Star’ profile, which has more benefits than a Public Profile.
The move comes in the wake of Snapchat TV’s underwhelming reception, which was limited to verified profiles that met Snpachat’s criteria. While this was an excellent way to share content on the platform, only a small number of users had access to it. Snapchat appears to have recognized the value of providing such platforms to emerging artists, and the new ‘Public Profile’ feature appears to be a variation on the same.
I hope this guide has clarified the difference between going public and the basic Snapchat public profile. Please let us know if you have any trouble creating a public profile in the comments section below.
How do I get a public profile on Snapchat FAQs?
If you still have questions about How do I get a public profile on Snapchat? here are the answers. We have solutions to some common Doubts.
If I view their Snapchat public profile, can they see it?
No, is the answer. The user is not informed when their Snapchat profile is opened to check their username, subscriber count, lenses, or previous Stories. You won’t have to worry about being called out for it as you freely browse their profile and its contents at your own pace.
Is the public able to see the number of Snapchat subscribers?
Despite the fact that you can see your subscriber count as soon as you create a public profile, it won’t be visible to the general public until you reach 100,000 subscribers on Snapchat. The number of subscribers will automatically show up on your public profile, but you have the choice to toggle its visibility on or off.
How can I increase the visibility of my public profile?
Posting high-caliber, artistic snaps is one of the best things you can do to grow your Snapchat community. Maintain your posting activity and consistency. Keep doing what you know, and eventually, your audience will find you. The secret to gaining a following is creativity. Your chances of gaining more subscribers and followers are better if your snaps are more original and interesting.
On Snapchat, can anyone create a public profile?
On Snapchat, almost anyone can create a public profile. There are some limitations, though. A Snapchat user must be at least 18 years old and have an account that is at least 24 hours old in order to use the service. Additionally, you must have at least one Snapchat friend who follows you and reciprocates. You won’t be able to make your profile public if you’ve ever broken the Snapchat community rules. A user may create a public profile as long as they follow these guidelines.
I have a public Snapchat profile. Can I still make a private story?
Yes. You can still write a private story and decide who can see it. Simply choose “Private” when starting a new story to accomplish this. You can choose which of your friends can see a private story even if your profile is public. Your subscribers won’t see any private stories. You are given the freedom to decide precisely who sees your posts thanks to this.
My public profile is giving me trouble? What should I do
Yes, you can get in touch with Snapchat’s customer service department by going to your settings page and clicking the “I Need Help” button.
Thanks For Reading: How do I get a public profile on Snapchat?
Recommended Reading: –
- How To Use Snapchat Filters On WhatsApp Video Call 2023
- How Snapchat Works Everything you need to know 2023
- How to Turn on Snapchat Notifications for one Person 2023
We hope you have understood everything about How do I get a public profile on Snapchat? if you still have questions about How do I get a public profile on Snapchat? then definitely tell us in the comment box below.